Sunday, November 23, 2014

A Change in the Air

Today was much, much better than yesterday. Support continued to flow in for me, in the form of text messages, cookies, hugs, and coffee. I am a very lucky woman in a lot of ways.

My mom was waiting for me at my house when I got home from work, petting the cats. The anxiety slowly fell away.

And it hit me:

I prevailed.


Even the most positive attitude can't change how a body reacts to trauma. I cannot always be in control of how I feel. That said, I can surround myself with all the good there is. With it, I create a shield. I create a warm blanket. I create a safe zone.

One foot in front of the other, I am walking...I am running. I am gaining ground. I am moving.

I feel a change in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feel less alone.