Saturday, November 8, 2014

Adventures

Alicia and I had an adventure today. I drove us to Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia. As we entered Philly, there was a closed road and detour, which caused us to not be able to go where we needed to go. Scary, congested, city driving ensued. Some sweating, some horn honking, and some problem-solving later, Alicia and I arrived at our destination. We called it an adventure. 

We ate at Parc, we shopped, we drank coffee. I found things with cats on them to buy. 


Effortless friendship is a great thing. 

We talked about adventures. It's a good word, adventure.

ad·ven·ture (noun):

an unusual and exciting, typically hazardous, experience or activity.

I want to embark on unusual and exciting journeys. I want to have unusual and exciting experiences. I'm not sure how I feel about "typically hazardous," but if I put what life has in store for me into the same category of our day today, I understand how "typically hazardous" can be awesome. When something is "typically hazardous," it's a challenge. If you prevail, you gain self-satisfaction. You have excitement. You feel happiness in spite of the unusual adventure. 

Adventures are not necessarily inevitable. They won't happen unless you make them happen. You have to choose them. You have to start them. You have to take risks and make goals. You have to go for it, whatever it is. 

I don't want to have a life full of days. I want to have a life full of adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feel less alone.