Saturday, May 2, 2015

Thinking Out Loud

There's nothing more awkward and low than being at a wedding, being out on the dance floor for an upbeat song...and then the song ends and a slow one begins...and as you look from side to side, watching everyone else reach for someone, you slink away alone. 

I like to think I'm a fun girl...I like to think I can have fun no matter what...and I have, so many times...but damn, I was kind of mopey tonight. 

Dressed to the nines, hyper from my little coffee tour earlier today, and smiling with friends, I was ready to have fun...but I just couldn't figure out the knack somehow. 


The wedding was lovely, the reception was awesome, but my mind was elsewhere and I couldn't shake it. 

No big deal, just the way it is sometimes I guess.

But after 3 weddings alone in the same year, I think I've overplayed that role at this point. 

I'm ready for less alone-ness. It doesn't fit me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feel less alone.