Friday, August 22, 2014

3 words

The great thing about being a writer is that I kept journals and blogs and logs and notes of so many memories over the years. That means that I am blessed to have real time documentation of snippets of my life with Rick. Tonight, apparently on a quest to make myself cry, I came across this gem from 2010.

I used to have a blog called One Page at a Time. I kept it for 7 years before starting The Cat Widow after Rick's death. Someone asked a question one day on my old blog, and I answered it.



---"How would you describe yourself in 3 words? How would you describe Rick in 3 words? Now, how would you describe each other in 3 words (you describe Rick and he describes you)?"---




Me describing me: romantic, neurotic, creative

Me describing Rick: romantic, spiritual, appreciative


On the way to work, I said to Rick, "How would you describe me in 3 words? My blog readers want to know." He looked at me thoughtfully and said nothing. I added, "And you too. Describe YOU in 3 words." He still looked at me without replying. I took this to mean he would get back to me as soon as he was ready with the answer.

Well, we got to work and went to our separate floors and offices. After about half an hour, I logged into my computer upstairs and checked my office email. Rick had sent me an email. This is it:
--------------------------
SUBJECT: In 3 words...

You are the "sweetest thing ever" and I am a "very lucky man."



I miss him. 

1 comment:

Help me feel less alone.