Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Hope

Every new day is an accomplishment. There is a level of satisfaction that was not there before.

When my day is over, I feel a range of emotions, but I also feel accomplished. I have no unkind words for myself. No feelings of failure. 

I may go to sleep sad, but I always go to sleep knowing I did my best...and I am happy with that. 

I wear a piece of my husband around my neck and my heart on my sleeve. I have the courage to live with loneliness, with sorrow, with pain... But if I continue on, making my way through this life the best way I can, I'm confident that loneliness will cease, sorrow will resolve, and pain will ease. I have hope. 

Hope is a beautiful and precious thing. It reminds me of a tiny pearl, wedged inside a dark crevice. You have to pry it out.


hope (verb): to cherish a desire with anticipation; trust; to expect with confidence

hope (noun): the feeling of wanting something to happen and thinking that it could happen; a feeling that something good will happen or be true; the chance that something good will happen; someone or something that may be able to provide help; someone or something that gives you a reason for hoping

I have long said that hope is my favorite personal value. Some people value honesty above all else. Some, strength. Others, honor. The list goes on. 

I value hope most of all. Without it, there can be no love. Without it, loneliness, sorrow, and pain remain forever. 

Hope is the difference between a bad day and bad life.

1 comment:

  1. Things don’t always go as we would like to... but if you know you've done your best, then you have nothing to regret. Take what you managed to get, and move on.

    It 's nice that your favorite personal value is hope. For me, it's resilience, but everyone has its own favorite personal value, and that’s okay. But - if you allow me to say it - I believe that hope is only a part. I think it’s not enough to hope... hope things will change, hope things will get better... I believe we need to engage actively in order to achieve what we hope. Hope alone maybe it’s not enough, but if your hope joins the action, you can achieve any goal.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feel less alone.