Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Serendipity

One of the things I've been blessed with since 2015 began is serendipity.

serendipity (noun):
- the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way

To discover things life has to offer without seeking them out is such a gift. Stumbling upon something truly wonderful is thrilling... and it's a thrill that doesn't go away.


There are times I find myself consumed with a feeling of luckiness. Me. A widow. No stranger to pain and hardship. A social worker who works hard to pay the bills. A woman who sometimes lives the mundane.

But I can tell when a star is smiling upon me. I can feel it illuminating what's real, what's sincere, and what's wonderful. So I simply look up and say, "Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feel less alone.