Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Wanting

Over the almost 11 months since I started this blog, I've talked about the things I want. I have posted goals, promises, and desires. Hell, I've even posted personal ads (in poem form), not that I was actually soliciting anything with them.

10 months ago, way back at the beginning of August, I wrote:

I have learned the hard way that life is just too short and unpredictable for us to be guarded. I won't keep from telling people how much I care about them in any capacity. 

If I feel appreciation, you'll know it.
If I feel love, you'll know it. 

I am not afraid to say the things that people keep to themselves. I don't mind being emotional as long as I'm being truthful. 

I'm chipping away at the stone that encases me. The fresh, vulnerable Arielle wiggles inside the stone, her toes and fingers reaching out, her mouth moving to say the words that she wants to say. 

I have never been ashamed of emotion. I have been chipping away at the pretense to which other people are so accustomed for years now. During my interactions with others, I feel at times that my genuine emotion makes people uncomfortable. I just want to be real. I don't see the point in hiding away. I don't see the use in mastering secrecy. Maybe that's why I'm a blogger - putting life out there on the web for the world to see. 


So, in true Arielle fashion, I'd like to list some more of what I want.


I want: love, affection, fun, comfort, safety, excitement, authenticity, honesty, laughter, purpose, relaxation, compassion, adventure, experience, memories, emotion, stability, sincerity, fulfillment, support, conversation, humor, kindness, playfulness, serenity, freedom, intimacy, sweetness, surprise, calm, beauty, and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feel less alone.