Saturday, December 20, 2014

Perhaps It's Time to Go

I've been toying with the idea for a few weeks now, and I've mentioned it to a few people in my life, but I think it's time to put it in words on the blog:

I think I'm going to put my house on the market after the holidays.

Maybe February-ish.

I'm comfortable here. I like it here. But I also don't think I belong here anymore. And I don't want to worry about shoveling snow and mowing grass and dealing with a basement where Rick died.


I love my neighborhood. I love my house. But I've come to the conclusion that I don't love it enough to stay.

I have absolutely no idea what the plan will be for the cats and me, and it may take a while for things to get moving with this process. There is no concrete strategy at this point, just a decision to go.

It's weird to think about not living here. I've been here for 7.5 years. But this was a chapter in my story. And I'm almost ready to turn the page.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's a bad idea to move. Maybe you need to start all over again from the beginning... also from this point of view. Why would you have to remain imprisoned in memories that make you sick, if you have the opportunity to change? Always choose the one that you think it will make you feel better...

    ReplyDelete

Help me feel less alone.