Thursday, December 25, 2014

We'll See

This is the first day in 7 months of blogging daily that I've been sitting here staring at the blank screen for over an hour. What should I write? What can I say?

Tonight the words just aren't coming.

That's not to say that my mind is blank. In fact, my heart is very full. I could probably write for hours and pages. But I'm not sure it would make sense to anyone but me.

I've spent 30 Christmases here on earth, practicing the same family traditions, adapting some of them as I aged, and eliminating some completely. This Christmas was decidedly different from last Christmas. And where will I be next Christmas?


Last Christmas was my last Christmas with Rick, but I didn't know it then.

This Christmas will likely be my last Christmas in this house.

There's something bigger at work here. I'll just let go. Life will flow. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. We never know when it's the last time that we do a certain thing.
    But we can always know what is the first time to do another one... it's all about going on, and try to live in the best way we can.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feel less alone.