Sunday, December 28, 2014

Universe at Work

Today, in the interest of Do One Thing Every Day That Scares You, I signed up for a conversational Spanish class. It's just 6 weeks long and when it's over, I'm going to do a second 6 week course tailored to professionals in a health care setting. I took Spanish for years in middle and high school, but as the saying goes, "if you don't use it, you lose it," and I didn't use it, so I lost it. I'm less interested in the grammatical, written use of the language at this point and more interested in how it can help me communicate at my job and in other random aspects of life. It's something I've considered doing, but never pushed myself to take the step.

Seemed fitting today's fear was education based too, because tonight I met my old MSW crew for dinner. We try to get together every few months since graduating from grad school over a year and a half ago (hard to believe!) and it's always nice to see them.


While I was there at the restaurant (over 30 minutes from my neck of the woods, mind you), I completely randomly ran into a friend I've been thinking about - proof that the universe puts people in the exact same place at the exact same time just for the purpose of a needed hug and an in-person "Happy New Year."

Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feel less alone.