Monday, December 29, 2014

Time

The days pass by like migrating birds...
Quick and in clusters they're gone.
As poignant as a thousand words...
And life, as always, goes on.


wrote that little poem back in 2008. I've been thinking about how true it is. Been marveling at the concept of time. So much can happen in such a short time. So little can happen in such a long time. Sometimes time is fleeting and we're left with wanting more. Sometimes it drags on and we grow impatient. 

Looking back over time amazes me. One day, today will be just a memory, a day on a calendar in the last month of 2014. I think about the year "2015" and I am stunned. How is it here? How can it be? Fifteen years since 2000 hit... I imagine a million calendar pages fluttering to the floor like confetti - time moving so rapidly that we blink and suddenly we are looking back... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feel less alone.