Thursday, October 2, 2014

A Shirt for Rick

The Out of Darkness Walk for Suicide Prevention is on Sunday. I am so blessed to have a 40-person team supporting me like a small army. We reached and surpassed our team goal of $3,000 and there are still a few days left. I personally raised $1,485 and I couldn't be happier. Right now I'm the top fundraiser of any team for the Greater Lehigh Valley walk this weekend.

None of this will bring Rick back, but it does make me feel better. I feel the restless need to DO SOMETHING about all of this pain leftover after suicide shredded my life. I want to spread hope and help and awareness.

I ran out on my lunch break at work to pick up the t-shirts I ordered for my team. Our team is Rick Lives On and the shirts reflect that simply. They look exactly like this except there is a small "afsp.org" at the bottom too.


I can't believe that on Sunday there will be 40 people wearing shirts with my husband's name... walking with me for him... it's surreal. Because he should be here. And he's not.

I did something kind of silly. I ordered Rick a shirt in his size. I don't know why. I thought it was silly even while I did it when I placed the order. But I still did it.

I'm still sick, but I'm hoping to kick this cold by Sunday. 

2 comments:

  1. My family and I cannot wait to honor Rick on Sunday! We have all be thinking of you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrilled you met your donation goals and will have a huge team to walk with you come Sunday. I'll be thinking about you...and Rick of course.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feel less alone.