Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Looking Forward

Still sick, with a raspy voice, tonight I escaped through TV with my friend Jennifer. I am still feeling overwhelmed and downright sad about some things from the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day I had yesterday. I'm trying to hope for the best, let it go, and remember all the good stuff that's hanging out around me.

It's such a horrid mind game to feel good and triumphant one day, then down and reeling the next. Grief is such a tricky thing. The good news is that I feel organized and am good at self-care. Onward I go...


There are moments when I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up a year from now. I become so exhausted, so tired of dealing with stuff. I just want to push it away and remember a simpler time. 

Instead of listing all the things I'm thankful for today as I did yesterday in the midst of a meltdown kind of a day, tonight I'm going to list the things I'm looking forward to:

1) Sleeping in on Saturday.

2) Going out to dinner to celebrate my birthday with my parents tomorrow (my birthday is not until Monday).

3) Libes coming for the weekend to celebrate my 30th birthday.

4) A day of "all things pumpkin" with Jennifer the following weekend. 

5) Alicia visiting from Michigan in less than a month! 

Holding on to good thoughts. Good night.


1 comment:

  1. There are good moments and bad moments... inevitably, life contemplates them both.
    Although it is commonplace to say - I am aware of - try to preserve the memory of the good times that warm you during the bad times, and to design new beautiful moments, that allow you to escape from the bad times.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feel less alone.