Monday, March 9, 2015

Savoring

Do you remember when I wrote - so long ago - at just one month in, that I was going to be a phoenix? "I won't let fear hold me back," I wrote. "I have no choice but to move forward. So I will. I'm going to do my best to be like the phoenix - to rise from the ashes to a new life...and begin again."

I like to jokingly say that I was born ready, but the truth is, you can't wait until you're ready. "Ready" is not a time. It's a feeling. And sometimes the only way to make that feeling happen is to just decide you want to LIVE.


I may be young, but I feel as though I've lived a lifetime in my heart. I have so much left to learn, but I get this. This whole life thing. I'm ever-ready for what it offers. As I said three months ago on this blog, "My thoughts and ideas and emotions are like a pile of rocks, tumbling around inside of me, growing smoother and smoother as they tumble. I'm hoping in time they'll be polished gems. I try to treat my rocks like gems from the beginning, because I know they have that potential." 

I've collected a beautiful assortment of gems, among them some of the greatest lessons life has to offer. You will never catch me wasting what I'm given. I savor moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feel less alone.