Thursday, February 26, 2015

Promises + Guarantees

It's always best to begin any day or venture with promises to yourself.

promise (noun):
-a statement that you will definitely do something or that something will definitely happen in the future
-an indication of future success or improvement
-a reason to expect that something will happen in the future

So I thought I'd write some down.

Promises:

I will not stop writing. 
I will not stop living life to the fullest.
I will not stop feeling.
I will not compromise myself. 
I will be authentic.
I will keep learning.
I will take risks.
I will remember the lessons I've learned. 
I will always forgive myself.
I will surround myself with people who make me happy.
I will seek laughter.
I will spread joy.
I will do good work. 
I will have no regrets. 


The difference between a promise and a guarantee is subtle, but it's there. 

guarantee (noun):
-a formal promise or assurance that certain conditions will be fulfilled
-something that gives a certainty of outcome
-a formal pledge

And so, if I uphold the promises I have made to myself, I guarantee that I will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feel less alone.