Thursday, January 29, 2015

Looking For...

I have another showing on Saturday morning! The bad news is that I can't sleep in. The good news is that my house has been on the market less than a week and people are coming in to see it.

Based on the information I have, I am still prepared to have to wait quite a while to move, but at the same time, I suppose I'd better start giving some thought to renting an apartment. I need to start looking more seriously and have some places in mind. 

It's funny - I've always been a planner. I prepare in advance for everything. But now, with this huge decision to sell my house... with a move on the horizon... I'm suddenly feeling spontaneous. 

I don't get it. It's times like these when I don't really understand myself. To my surprise, I found myself this morning at work telling a co-worker friend nonchalantly that I would figure it out. That I was on an adventure. That I had nowhere planned to go, but didn't care. She seemed incredulous.



Those don't seem like things I would ever say. Especially not about something as big as a move. And yet, I'm essentially shrugging my shoulders and saying, "It is what it is." I guess I'm waiting to see what presents itself. What feels right. I just want to have fun with it. Could be a bad plan. Who knows. Maybe it's a good one. 

Truth is, I'm in this weird kind of role - I have no attachments. No kids, no significant other. Soon I'll have no house. It'll just be the cat widow and her cats... looking for adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feel less alone.