Friday, January 30, 2015

Still Afraid

There's something about putting yourself out there to make you feel totally, utterly afraid and totally comforted at the same time. To open yourself up... to be vulnerable... to share something completely personal and unknown... well, it's both devastating and devastatingly intense.

I've always been an "open book" kind of person... but the truth is, even for us "open book" types, there are secrets.



My Do One Thing Every Day That Scares You book is going to get left in the dust one of these days...because apparently I'm on a path of fearlessness. Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Sometimes I wonder what the hell I am thinking or doing. It's fun to play this game of life, but sometimes I'd rather just take a deep breath, fall, and be caught. I get tired just like everyone else. I get scared.

I get lonely.
I take risks.
I employ strength.
I overthink.

But even despite my fearless nature, my determination to leap, and my resolve to keep doing what scares me.... I'm still afraid sometimes. Really afraid.

1 comment:

  1. I know you don't need me (or anyone, but especially a stranger on the Internet) to tell you this...but being afraid sometimes is so totally okay. 1000% okay. You are a human being who has been through something so incredibly difficult, something many of us will never confront, and you're trying to find your way through the aftermath. You're strong and bright and you're doing well, but you are also still human, and sometimes, that means shutting down a bit, sitting down where you are and saying "Nope, not today". It's good to try to conquer fears, but it's perfectly fine to take a break from it once in a while.

    You're human, and you're hurting, and you're vulnerable, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with any of that. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Help me feel less alone.