Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Where Do I Go from Here?

Lately, I've been picturing myself standing in front of one of those big maps and finding my location in the...everything. You know, those maps that have an arrow saying, "You are here."

That's what I see in my mind's eye.


I let my eyes dart around the map, looking not only for where I am, but for where I want to be. Where do I go from here?

I don't think a map can tell me the answer. There are so many different directions. So many paths. So many destinations. So many choices. So many reasons to do or not do something. So many compounding circumstances. So many signs. Signals. Warnings. Questions. 

My eyes open in the morning. "You are here."

My eyes close at night. "You are here."

What is "here?"

Where do I go from here?

I have to admit, as strange as it sounds - even to me - I'm having a good time figuring it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feel less alone.