Monday, January 5, 2015

More

There are moments now, when I look at my walls... the sun coming in through my bedroom window... my car in the driveway... and I think: my time here in this house is coming to a close.

It is more of a feeling than a decision, even though a decision was clearly part of it.

I don't need or want this anymore. This house. A lot of this stuff.

Sometimes I feel like I should be darting around my house, singing that song from Disney's Beauty and the Beast - the one in the beginning where Belle runs through the scenic outdoors going on about wanting more than this provincial life and longing for adventure.


There are moments now, when I look at my walls...the sun coming in through my bedroom window...my car in the driveway... and I feel as though I'm looking at photos in a photo album, part of my life that's now done. And I'm just itching to see what life has in store for me.

I don't belong here anymore.

I want more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feel less alone.