Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Alive

Back on November 8th, I wrote this on the blog:

ad·ven·ture (noun):

an unusual and exciting, typically hazardous, experience or activity.

I want to embark on unusual and exciting journeys. I want to have unusual and exciting experiences. I'm not sure how I feel about "typically hazardous," but if I put what life has in store for me into the same category of our day today, I understand how "typically hazardous" can be awesome. When something is "typically hazardous," it's a challenge. If you prevail, you gain self-satisfaction. You have excitement. You feel happiness in spite of the unusual adventure. 

Adventures are not necessarily inevitable. They won't happen unless you make them happen. You have to choose them. You have to start them. You have to take risks and make goals. You have to go for it, whatever it is. 

I don't want to have a life full of days. I want to have a life full of adventures.


Close to 4 months later, I smile reading my own words. I feel alive. I know that life throws me curveballs at times, but I also know it's nothing I can't handle. I can tell when something is worth it or not - and if it makes me feel alive, it's definitely worth it. There is no greater feeling than feeling alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feel less alone.