Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Club

Today I met another young woman who lost her significant other to suicide. My blog connects me to so many people, near and far. Today, I got to talk with someone who is near, living right in my town.

We met for lunch, not knowing each other at all, but greeted each other with a hug. 


Though we talked about some pretty heavy stuff, including specific details of those worst days of our young lives, we didn't cry or become overly emotional. Instead, we nodded a lot and talked about a slew of positive experiences.

We talked about how no one understands. Even the well-meaning people. 

We talked about staying busy as a means of survival.

We talked about not being able to save everyone.

We talked about dating again. 

We talked about transition. About moving forward. About acts of kindness. 

We belong to the same sad little club, even though neither of us signed up for membership. 

1 comment:

  1. I too am a member of the club. Not as young as you but I joined shortly after you did. So pleased you have someone close by who gets it.
    I discovered your blog just a few days ago. I just wanted to thank you. I have read every post and it has been so helpful to me
    Didn't want to post as Anonymous but couldn't figure out how to do it any other way. I'll figure it out and post as as me next time

    ReplyDelete

Help me feel less alone.