Thursday, February 12, 2015

You Get to Decide

I stumbled upon this tonight, purely by accident. But I have to say - I just love it!


"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards."
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."
"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, if this isn't nice, I don't know what is."
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
"Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile."

Life is a ride. A pretty cool ride actually. Every single day - no, every single moment - is a crossroads of some sort. You can take so many different paths - left, right, back, forward...you can even stand still. You get to decide. Even though there are so many curveballs, so many circumstances, so many risks, so many questions, so many positives and negatives, we get to decide what direction we take. And that in itself is empowering.

1 comment:

  1. Love. Sending you inspiration as you send me yours. I love you. There is no where else to move but forward.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feel less alone.