Saturday, February 21, 2015

Ready

This is the post I would have posted last night. 



Maybe I am waking up.

In the last 9 months of nightly blogging, I have only NOT blogged 4 times. The first time I skipped, I was celebrating my 30th birthday with my friends and returned home too tired and under the influence of alcohol to even consider being a coherent writer. My best friend put me to bed. The second time, I forgot to blog. It was not a conscious decision. I remembered the next day that I had been too busy picking up momentum. The third time, I did make the decision to skip a night. I wanted to see how that felt. And last night, I just plain didn't feel like it. I wanted to feel everything but keep it and not give it away. Still, I don't think skipping blog posts will be a "thing." Writing is sacred to me and this blog has spread like wildfire in a way I could never have imagined. 

I've blogged from other states. I've blogged from events. I've blogged early and I've blogged late. I've blogged from a car. I've blogged from outside. But if I want/need to write, I do. I am dedicated to this.

It's early Saturday morning and I'm about to start my weekend as Manager on Duty. I am not excited, given all the associations with the worst day of my life, but I'm ready. Because that's the thing about me - whatever life throws, whatever is in store, I was born ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feel less alone.