Sunday, February 8, 2015

Welcome to My Space

Sometimes I think I live in a fantasy world. Maybe it's part of being a writer. Maybe it's something to do with reading too many books, or watching too many movies, or being a hopeless romantic in general. Looking for escape becomes a way of life.

I have a good head on my shoulders, my feet are planted firmly on the ground, and I like to think that in general I make good decisions. Maybe those three things are reasons why there are times I let my imagination run wild. Sometimes what you think about in your head is more exciting than real life. Sometimes it's more fun.

I suppose when the circumstances are right, it's easy to get lost in the excitement.

I've had an interesting week...complete with confusion, laughter, worry, loneliness, tears, and excitement. Emotions are such funny things - they demand to be felt. As I wrote in a post back in November:

Emotions fuel reactions.
Emotions fuel actions.
Emotions determine mood.
Emotions guide decisions.

Emotions, it turns out, are incredibly important.

But sometimes they feel larger than we are. Sometimes we don’t want to believe them. Sometimes we pretend they don’t exist. Sometimes we embrace them in order to escape other, scarier ones. There are as many scenarios as there are emotions.


I'm re-learning this yet again. It's so interesting how everything comes back around at some point or another. In September, I wrote:

Emotions help us survive. When we feel sadness, we automatically seek out the things that will make us happier, because we want to feel better than we do when we are unhappy, in pain, or distressed. My emotions of sadness, despair, and worry push me to move onward and upward... cause me to surround myself with positive people and experiences... fuel me to create my own brighter days. 

My emotions allow other people to understand me. They provide insight into my life. They help me evaluate what is important and what is not. 


I was thinking about this today. So suffice it to say - if you're in my life in any respect, you are a positive thing... because I only allow positive things to enter my space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feel less alone.